Welcome to 4th Grade
Miss Laurie Schlaefer
Thank you to all who worked and brought food to our bake sale! We made about $80 for the missions!
Thank you, Pat Holbrook, who picked up balloons and cake for our Solar System play and party.
Solar System Play - It was a hit! Thanks for everything you did to make it a success.
I will be taking our decorated pumpkins to the Bethalto Care Center this Wednesday at 3:35. Please come help pass out pumpkins and visit with the people! (Oct. 25th)
Please thank Dalton's Grandma for decorating pumpkins with our class!!! Thank you!
Wear Red Day
Hat Day/Free Dress
Rd - Voc Test 9 (Antonyms)
Living Rosary (2:15)
Spelling Test 9
Wear Red Day
Test over "Dear Mr. Wilson"
Science - Quiz over Chapter 3 / Lesson 1
Mission Carnival 1-2:30
Trunk or Treat - 6:30 p.m.
Mission Carnival info coming soon.
Pllease remember this schedule may change. Check assignment notebook for changes.
Spelling Lesson 9
SS - Chapter 2 Vocabulary Definitions
- region – area with at least one feature that sets it apart from other areas
- urban – city
- suburb – town near a larger city
- rural – country
- government – system that decides what is best for a group of people
- county – part of a state that has its own government (Madison)
- county seat – the town in the middle of a county (roads, courts)
- culture – way of life
- natural vegetation – plant life that grows naturally
- economy – the way you use your resources to meet your needs
- agriculture - farming
- Manufacturing- the making of products
- industry – businesses that make one kind of product
- service industries – industries that workers are paid to do things for other people
- custom – a USUAL way of doing something (shaking hands)
- ethnic group – group of people from the same country or race
- land use – how we use the land
- population - # of people who live in a certain place
- modify – change
- tourism – selling goods to people
- interdependence – depending on one another for resources (Idaho - potatoes)
- trade – buying & selling of goods
- technology – way people use new ideas to make tools and machines
- steppes – large grassy plains
- Gobi – Asia's largest desert
- rain forest – warm, wet area with lots of plant life and tall trees
- Heritage – beliefs or customs that come from the past
- tradition – way of life or ideas that has been handed down from the past
- currency – money